GREETINGS

Hello my friends welcome to my world. This blog is to show you the readers a glimpse inside the world that is me!

10/09/2011

WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?

 I was at a gathering last night and people were talking about any and everything under the sun.  So this female amongst the group of people to contradict herself between the different topics and I guess previously she had stated how she judges a book by its cover. I began to tune in on the conversation because this is a subject that I have always had a strong opinion about. She then began to explain herself stating that she believes that first impressions are everything and her mind is made up after a quick once over and her mind is made up. I only agree with her on the first part of her statement. Yes first impressions are everything. But I believe in variables. Then another person says yes I may look at someone and pass judgement but before swearing them off I will give them the benefit on the doubt. BINGO! High-five for him we are in agreement. Thank you for stating what I was thinking. So the conversation went back and forth between the two sides about one's personal appearance, social status and things like that. WHO CARES, I think to myself. None of this should matter. The female then began to quote Tupac's song  Only God can judge me and that is where stopped listening completely.
All this reminds me of my favorite Bible verse that I would quote in choir rehearsal as a teenager Matthew 7:1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged. Yes,  it is hard for someone not to pass judgement, in fact I believe it is human nature whether stating something negative or positive.

You should live with no regrets, and if someone is not happy with your decisions in life or you don't live up to their off the wall expectations, and may I mention are  a non-mf'in  factor in your lives,  then don't deserve the luxury of getting to know you at all.  You should not have to bend over backwards to please someone who is always going to have a negative connotation about what they think they know.

 And again I state: WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?

People people people lets take ownership of our own lives and not worry about what other people think about us. At the end of the day its you and your thoughts that you live with, its between you and your higher power.

No comments:

Post a Comment