GREETINGS

Hello my friends welcome to my world. This blog is to show you the readers a glimpse inside the world that is me!

10/01/2014

Here I stand...Update

WHAT'S HAPPENING!
1. Job Promotion: From frontline to MANAGEMENT
In November 2012 I was promoted from Residential Counselor III to Program Director! What a blessing! I was beginning to get bored with the RC position and was searching for other outlets. I had already applied for one PD position and did not get it.  I was discouraged but I continued to search for jobs the would challenge me. When another Program Director position opened up I was asked  to apply. As you can already guess I got the position!!!  Day in and day out I am caring for individuals who psychiatric disabilities impair them to the point where they can not care for themselves. This position has definitely challenged me and it can be stressful at times but I would not change it for the world. 

2. Student life: I have to teach myself to learn again!!
On September 19, 2014 I was accepted to SocialWork@Simmons. This is a Master's degree program at Simmons College and everything is online! I chose to go this route for my MSW because it is more convenient to my busy work schedule. I am super excited to start in November!


Follow me on my new blog: SocialWork@Simmons...a journey in itself.  http://sswmsw2017.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment